Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Allow Me Introduce You

So here's my new blog.

Why do I have it, you ask?

I'll tell you why.

I'm a dance major at Brigham Young University - Idaho, and for my major we get to take a Somatics class. And I've had people ask me several times what somatics is. And I always have kind of a hard time describing it to them. The best I can come up with is that it's sort of a connection of body, mind, and spirit. It's a way of learning a greater awareness of oneself through movement, which then applies to every area of our lives.

So, for this class, we are required to keep a journal. So then I just figured since so many people have asked me about it, and since I'll be typing up my journals anyways, I might as well put them in a place where people can read them if they so choose. And if no one reads this, that's fine too. Really, I think it will help me stay on top of my journaling, and will help me out a ton in the long run.

So here we go! My entries will vary from what we've discussed in class, to how I've applied it in other classes (or just in daily life), or even just simple discoveries I've made on my own. It may be really interesting at times, and it may be very dull at others.

Let's get this journey going! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading it =) I don't get to take the class so I saw this and thought it would be awesome to see what the class teaches through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete