Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Movement and Relaxation

Class today was used for processing. We took about 10 minutes to move in the space, and get into our bodies, and then took whatever time we needed to relax and process. Honestly, I think I was a little distracted, because I had a test to take right after this class, then I would be working until midnight. So I sort of had a hard time really focusing on the items of this class instead of my long day ahead of me. But, something interesting I did notice was that I was able to relax more easily than I normally could when under stress.

I'm still trying to notice if Alexander technique is making a difference in my movement, but I don't think I'm really seeing a whole lot of change. I feel like I can tap into the changes when I'm purely focused on it, but when I start doing a combination, suddenly there are a million things to think about, and I feel myself slipping back into old habits. I'm really hoping for a change soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment