Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Modern Tech

This semester, I'm really hoping to be able to apply what I learn in Somatics to my technique classes, other rehearsals, and just in my daily lifestyle.

In Modern 440 today, we started class by doing a shortened version of the head/neck/back awareness exercise that we did yesterday. I was really glad, because it was just a nice little reminder of what I needed to be focusing on.

Throughout class, I think I noticed a fairly subtle change and improvement in my movement. It may have just been because I'm getting to know the warmup and the combinations better, and it's settling into muscle memory...but I would like to think that it's also partly because I was apply this Alexander technique, and allowing freedom to come in my head/neck region. I'm hoping this improvement is just a sign of changes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment