Monday, January 30, 2012

Modern Technique

We really went back to the basics in class today. Sister Wadsworth seemed to really be stressing the importance of having a solid foundation on technique in order to gain the freedom of movement, so we did a lot of technical movement today. I'm not going to lie, though...I didn't really enjoy it too much. So I just tried to focus on freeing up the range of motion in my hips, and in my head/neck/back.

I keep getting annoyed in class, though, because if I dance barefoot, my feet are too sticky (darn calluses just won't build...), and if I dance with socks on, I slide all over the place and I end up with more tension all throughout my body. I really need to find a way to get my calluses back so I can take my feet off of my list of concerns in class.

Anyway, I think I'm feeling a little more improvement in my neck area when I'm dancing...not as much as I would like, but even a little bit of change is good, I think. I'm still having a really hard time freeing up my hips, so I know I need to be working on that more.

No comments:

Post a Comment