Thursday, March 1, 2012

Asthma?

We did the Dart sequence today as a class (this is what I was talking about back about a week ago....the exercise we do with the chair using monkey). It's interesting...for most of this sequence, I really kind of like it. It helps me gain a stronger connection, but then there is a part or two that isn't very comfortable. There's this part where we're on the ground, with our arms and feet sort of wrapped around themselves, and then we spiral out and onto our back and roll over. I don't really like the spiraling. I feel like it's kind of jarring...so I'm working on how to make it more fluid, possibly by better accessing primary control. Here's hoping. I was partners with Jenni today while doing the Dart sequence, and afterward she told me that she can see that I'm not breathing, especially in my back. She said as she was watching, I had some sort of odd tension in my back, and it almost looked like I was holding my breath. But then she could see in my chest area that I was breathing...then we realized that the tension in my back is right where my lungs are. Wow. Talk about making a connection....

Then I had my one on one with Sister Wadsworth. We did some mat work, which, as always, was fantastic. Then, and I can't remember exactly how it came up, but she said almost exactly the same thing that Jenni said! So I decided right then that I was going to make an appointment with the Student Health Center and figure out why I haven't been able to breathe. It was really kind of a relief to get some validation today, thought, that I really can't breathe, and that I'm not just making it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment