Monday, March 5, 2012

Bubbles, Balloons, and Peanut Butter

Mondays are always hard. Which is not very fun, considering they happen so often. So I absolutely love it when Sister Wadsworth does her best to cater to what we need to get ourselves up and moving at the start of a new week.

This week, it was an improv that required some creativity. Between her ideas and ours, we came up with some different textures that we had to "dance" through. We started off with honey, then went to peanut butter, water, balloons, and then bubbles. I'm not going to lie...I wanted to stay in the honey and the peanut butter for a lot longer. Thank you Monday. But, once I got going, it was kind of fun to get to the bubbles. They gave me more energy than I started with. It's incredible what can happen when you sort of make yourself do something you didn't think you could do.


Today Sister Wadsworth was really emphasizing where our focus is. We tend to dance with our focus down, because we're so focused that we forget to lift our eyes and hence, our focus. She talked about how if we lift our focus, it will help us connect with the environment, and actually help with our balance. As we went through the rest of the class, I tried focusing solely on my focus, and I think it helped! Especially on the leg swings...where I'm usually pretty unstable and wobbly, I felt like I had more stability and freedom in the movement. It sort of carried over to the rest of my movement as well...I'm really excited about this new realization!

No comments:

Post a Comment