Monday, March 19, 2012

Back on track?

It's our first day back from ACDF....so we first had to assess how our bodies are feeling. Of course, we did this through improv. I wasn't really super sore, just mostly tired. But then again, since when have I not been tired? I honestly can't remember the last time I haven't felt tired. On the plus side, that just means I'm really used to handling being tired....right?

So we sort of just went through class....we did the warm up, the new chasse sequence we learned the week before ACDF, the across the floor battements and triplets sequences, and leg swings. Even though it was just a regular class, I really enjoyed coming back from ACDF and being in this class! After a week of refreshing new ideas and perspectives, it's fun to come back and apply those new thoughts to my movement here. It's interesting, too....remember that one day that I was really affected by where my focus is? Well, I felt like that was really emphasized at ACDF, too. It's really cool to see that carry over, and it just shows me how important it really is...even though I've honestly never really thought about it before. It's like...when we go to ACDF, we get nervous that we're going to be behind everyone else. But once we got there, we were right on par with pretty much everyone there. And seeing similarities in what some of the teachers there said compared to what my teachers here tell me was a great validation to our dance program here.

After we had gone through class, we spend the last twenty-ish minutes stretching each others feet out (which felt incredible!!), and just talking about ACDF. It's so fun hearing every one else's thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment