Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lazy Day...

We were all super exhausted today. I think it's mostly the after-effects of Extravadance that are finally starting to kick in. Sister Wadsworth is so in tune with us though, so she catered the class to what our bodies needed, for which I am super grateful!

We started with a three-song improv, about "growth". We took ourselves through a journey of going from a little baby to being full grown. I think she only meant the improv to last maybe two songs, but we all had a hard time getting off the ground and "growing up", so she extended it one more song for us. Honestly, my mind was pretty fuzzy, and I didn't feel any strong connections or emotions during this improv. I was mostly just moving for the sake of moving, and I wasn't really feeling a strong pull for the intent. I kind of hate feeling like that...it's a waste of movement.

After that, we did the warm up and learned a new sequence involving tondues and chasses. I definitely was not on top of my game...it wasn't the worst I've ever done, but I could tell my body wasn't responding the way it normally does. It will be good to do this sequence again once I get this cloudiness taken care of. We also learned a new across the floor to a very appropriate song for the day...since we all were so sleepy. It was kind of funny :)

Then Sister Wadsworth was very kind and just led us through some stretching for the next twenty minutes of class, and ended class early. I felt kind of bad, but I was also really glad that she wasn't going to force our bodies to do more movement. Hopefully Friday will be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment