Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breathe

Today we talked about the reading from the Alexander book about the arms. We talked about focusing on the arms, particularly the sternoclavicular notch. There is so much movement that comes from that joint...I remember learning about that in Kinesiology, and being so amazed at how much movement actually does come from there. It's quite incredible! I just need to remember to think of that joint as part of the arm. Then we talked about trying to just use your hands to allow movement to happen. I was listening to all of this very closely, since I've been constantly struggling with my arms and hands. I'm still not sure how to go about making them less awkward, but I'm hoping that maybe this will set me on a road that will help me in the future. I'm trying to remain optimistic.

Then we continued the discussion, talking about connection vs. disconnection between the body, mind, and spirit. I don't remember who said what, but someone said something that made me realize...maybe my inability to breathe properly has created a disconnection between my body, mind, and spirit. It comes and it goes, but often I do find that I feel like I'm disconnected this way. I feel like I can move, I can think, and I do experience emotions, but I haven't felt super connected for awhile. I don't want to be super dramatic about it, but I really do feel disconnected from myself. I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to the rest of the discussion, just because I was thinking through this new realization.

Then I had my one on one, and did the Dart sequencing with Sister Wadsworth. We talked again about how I can't breathe in my back, and she told me to not worry about it until I get it checked out and can start to figure out what's going on. I called the Health Center yesterday, and have my appointment tomorrow. I hope it's something simple that is easily fixable. I want to find those connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment