Monday, February 27, 2012

Artistry

Because it's show week, Sister Wadsworth was talking about how we really should think more about our artistry in all of our movement, even just the warmup. That's actually what the River North Dance Company teacher told us when he was teaching the master class, so I'm glad Sister Wadsworth is bringing that back to our attention.

The improv we had today felt especially nice for a Monday...usually I just feel really tired, and stiff, and just like my body doesn't want to move. But today, it felt really good to just move. Even the warm up felt a lot better today. It might be that I was just allowing my body to move today, instead of trying to force it to move when I would rather be sleeping. I wish I knew how to tap into that all the time.

Then we watched the video of the recording that we did on Friday. I really hate watching myself dance...I always feel like I'm dancing bigger and better than I actually am. It's kind of a rough wake up call every time I watch myself. I'm going to write a little bit more detailed paper on what I saw in the video, though, so I'll post that on here as soon as I get that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment