Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Improvement?

We did an improv first thing today, you know, to get our bodies moving, and sort of feel what our bodies need from us. Honestly, I didn't really feel anything in particular....maybe it was the long weekend. Whatever it was, my body was almost...numb? I don't really know...it did wake up a little bit after we started doing some primary control with a partner though.

After we each went through the whole primary control thing, we did the hand-on-the-head improv again. I was a tiny bit apprehensive, since it didn't do hardly anything for me last time, but I really wanted it to work for me. I was glad that I had Kelsey as a partner, because I know that she absolutely loved it when we did it last time, so I was hoping maybe it would rub off on me, and I could get a better taste for what she enjoyed about it. And, it sort of worked! At least, it felt better than last time. Right at the very beginning, Kelsey just told me that I was holding, and apparently that was all it took to get me to release a lot more. Afterward she said it was just like the flip of a switch. And it did feel quite a bit better than last time...I wasn't as focused on trying to make sure it was easy for her to keep her hand on my head. But, then I was very aware of how close she was to me as I was dancing, which also made it difficult. I tend to get pretty claustrophobic when I'm dancing, and I either freak out a little, or I just dance really small. In this instance, I think I was just dancing really small. I was definitely not moving the same way I would normally during a free improv...but I think it was a step closer in the right direction. Boy, it's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment