Friday, February 24, 2012

Back to 440

We got recorded in class today. She let us start off with an improv, which is always very helpful for me, then we got to do the warm up first. She recorded us doing the exercise on 5's, the plies, the leg swings, the triplets, and the Paul Cardall sequence. I feel like my quality remained sort of the same throughout all of them....I felt okay about it, but not as good as I have, or as good as I know I could have done. I really liked doing the triplets...we added on to it, combining it with another across the floor sequence we've done earlier. I think I might have liked it just because of the upbeat music...it's kind of nice to have a change of pace that way. I think that's probably why I also like the plie sequence...it's a little bit sharper, which I tend to do better, and I just really like it. But then again, I'm really kind of liking the Paul Cardall sequence too....ahh, I just like to dance. But, I was just a little frustrated because I could feel myself using more than I needed. I know that I can be more efficient in my movement, and complete the movement, but for some reason I'm stopping myself. I feel like I'm just on the verge of changing that though, which is both exciting and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment