Sunday, February 5, 2012

One on One

My one-on-one this week helped me more with my body-mapping. As we did our improv today, and as I've noticed just in technique class and rehearsal, I do a lot of holding in my hips. I know that I can find more freedom in the hip joint if I can just release some of the tension in and around the joint. The problem is, I have no idea how to do that! I've tried focusing mainly, if not completely, on that when I dance. I've also tried focusing on just supporting the moving leg, to see if that would open up some pathways. Yet, I still can't seem to get the free range of motion I know I can have.
After talking about this with Sister Wadsworth, she suggested that I should probably stretch the front of my hip more. There's definitely a tightness in there, so it makes sense that that would help. It also may help the general hip pain that I tend to feel on a regular basis. I also know that I have snapping hip syndrome, so maybe this will help that a bit as well? I don't know...but I'm excited to focus on this, and look forward to the changes that may come from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment