Friday, February 10, 2012

Technique Class

I think I'm finally starting to tap into what it means to complete a movement, and to allow energy to carry through the movement! I only felt it a couple of times in class today, but I noticed when I did, my hands felt less bound, and I felt way more connected with my environment. It was so invigorating, and I wanted more! I'm not sure yet how to control it...but I have high hopes that I'll get there! It felt so much better than last class, when I just felt stuck between a rock and a hard place. Today made me feel like I'm on the road to progression.

Today we did the walking/bouncing combination for the last time. I could definitely tell a difference between this time and the first time I did it. I actually think I was even breathing more today than I normally do, which is kind of a miracle. It helps so much that I'm finally starting to get a grasp on the movement we've been doing this semester. It's really so different than what I've been doing for the past year or so, so it was kind of hard to switch my brain to this new style. But, I'm finally starting to understand it a little bit better...so I'm hoping that I'll be able to hold on to this minute victories, and then build further from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment