Thursday, February 16, 2012

River North Chicago Dance Master Class








I was really pleasantly surprised by this master class. When I found out that they were a jazz based company, I had visions of several high kicks, turns, and leaps. None of which I'm very good at. I was still looking forward to taking a class from a new teacher, just to add a new flavor to my technique that day, but I didn't have high hopes of how well I would do. But then I was sort of caught unawares when he focused a little more on the artistry than just the technique. While we definitely did still work on technique, I felt like I was given the freedom to make it work for my body. To me, it sort of opened up my mind to the fact that I will be able to take what I'm learning now, and apply it wherever I go from here. Whether I go on to just take more classes, or if I get to perform, or if I just end up teaching, I know this is going to be so helpful. I can just feel the difference it's already made in my life and movement, and I'm just excited to see how far it will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment