Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lots of Monkey Stuff

We really focused on monkey today, which was really good. It felt a lot better today than it has for the past week, or however long ago it was that we first did it. My back didn't feel as strained, and it felt a whole lot easier. My favorite part was when we did this combination with monkey, using the chair and going to the floor. It had a name, some kind of technique...I think it started with a D....but I can't remember. Anyway, it felt really nice and fluid to me. Then we just walked around the room, either picking something up, or pretending to do so. It really is so much easier and efficient to do it by using monkey. The trick is remembering to do it outside of class.

Then my one on one was pretty nice, too. We did some mat work, and we didn't talk as much this time as we did last week, which did help me focus more on what was happening in my body. I guess it's nice to have some of both throughout the sessions. Then we just walked through the space, where I focused more on using only what I needed. I feel like it's really important that I work on making my movement more efficient. Through efficiency, I hope I'll be able to find more freedom in my joints, and more energy through my limbs. It was a nice little ah-ha moment, and I'm hoping I'll be able to keep building from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment