Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simon Says!

We had our critical self-analysis paper due today! Now, I'm a huge procrastinator....but it was really interesting going through the process of writing this paper. I just hope that it ended up making sense....I'm worried that I just blabbered on, and went off in tangents. I'm debating whether or not to to post my paper on here...so for those of you who actually read my blog, leave me a comment if you'd be interested in reading my paper. Don't worry, I totally won't be offended if you don't :) For me, it was mostly just a good reminder of the things that I've learned so far in this semester.

Today was kind of a fun day! We started off with some good ol' improv, to a song that I always love doing improv to! We used it once last semester in our choreography class, and I just remember that that day was a really free, releasing, incredible improv. Ever since then, it just brings back those incredible feelings again, and it just makes me so, so happy! So it was a good way to start off the class, not to mention the day!

Then we played a game....Simon Says! The goal was to follow the rules of the game, while
applying the principle of Inhibition. Normally while playing this game, it would be instinct to tense up in preparation for whatever "Simon" would say next.
I actually felt really good though...maybe a little too good. I wasn't very good at paying attention to whether or not they said "Simon Says". Technically, I was out quite a few times because I went when I wasn't supposed to. Oops! But, I felt like I wasn't near as tense as I would have normally been. Maybe it has something to do with how the improv affected me...or because of what I discovered while writing my paper...or maybe it's just because I was tired. But either way, I really felt more freedom in what I was doing. Even though I was being told what to do, I was allowing my body to do it in whatever way was most efficient for myself. There were a few times when I would look around me, and see that we were all following the instructions a little differently. I think that just shows that we're all starting to understand a little better how to read our bodies, and learning to have choice in movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment