Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Modern Tech

I actually felt pretty good about class today. Not perfect, but better than last week! I think my body really felt the effects of not meeting for Somatics at all, and so now that we met yesterday, it's back on track. When we were doing the warm-up, Sister Wadsworth told us to focus on whatever would help us the most today. Normally, I would have chosen something like "free the movement in the hip", or "lengthen out of the head and neck", or something else directly related to what we're learning in Somatics. But today, I decided I was just going to do something that I felt really confident could actually help me...kind of my comfort zone. I decided that I was going to work through the floor. I was going to give it my weight, and allow it to hold me up as we went through the movement today. It actually helped quite a bit.

I love the floor, and I've been kind of sad that we haven't done a whole lot of floor work in class this semester, just because last semester I made so much progress in that area. So today, I realized that there's really nothing stopping me from still using the floor. I'm trying to see if it can sort of be a means whereby I rid myself of bad habits. So I'm crossing my fingers!

Also, I'm starting to feel a touch more freedom in my hip. Still not as much as I would like, but I can feel a touch of something starting to loosen up in there! Every little bit counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment